The Buxmont Chapter of the Pennsylvania Society of Tax & Accounting Professionals is offering their Annual Accounting Scholarships to three (3) full time accounting majors each in the amount of $3,000. To obtain an application or for additional information, please contact Marilyn Banyai, CPA, Chairperson of the Scholarship Committee, 975 School Street, Collegeville, PA 19426 or by phone at
(610) 489-6644, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be received by Friday, May 10, 2019. Awards will be presented at the June 25, 2019 Chapter meeting.
1. Permanent resident address must be in Bucks or Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
2. Must be a full time student entering their Junior or Senior year in the fall of 2019, and be a declared Accounting major (includes both 4th and 5th year Seniors).
3. Must present an OFFICIAL copy of current transcript with a "B" or better cumulative & Accounting Grade Point Average.
4. Must submit a brief essay of approximately 150 words explaining why you chose Accounting as your profession.
5. Must attach a SIGNED letter of recommendation from one of your Accounting professors/instructors.
THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS AWARDED UPON MERIT APPLICATION
To access and print the scholarship application on line, click below:
The Buxmont Chapter Scholarships are awarded in memory of a Past President for their outstanding service to the Buxmont Chapter as follows:
Howard R. Matter Memorial Scholarship
M. Michael Lerner Memorial Scholarship
Frederick S. Patti memorial Scholarship
Robert T. Zaleski Memorial ScholarShip
In addition to the three scholarships awarded each year, the Buxmont Chapter also funds an additional $3,000 scholarship which is presented annually by PSTAPís Central office in memory of Robert T. Zaleski, a Public Accountant and long time member of the Buxmont Chapter. Bob actively served the PSTAP as a State President, Chapter President, member of the PSTAP Board of Directors and Executive Committee. In addition, his tireless efforts to promote and protect the practice rights of practitioners was recognized by the National Society of Accountants in 1993 where he was presented with the esteemed Accountant of the Year Award.